- Few per Season
- Slope extends from West-to East with Height
- Surge in low level easterlies
- Robin Maharaj (1995)
- Low Level Convergence West of the Trough
- Low Level Divergence East of the Trough
- Weather/Organized Convection Generally Precedes the Tropical Wave (West of the Trough)
Mr. Robin Maharaj, a visiting meteorologist from Trinidad & Tobago at the NCEP Tropical Desk, was the first who told me about the negative vs. positively tilted variations of the axis with height. After some evaluations, it was interesting to note the global models capability/skill to accurately differentiate between one and the other.